Monday, August 15, 2011

Childrens Hospital

Henslee was doing a few things from the beginning that made me a little nervous. When she would nurse she would stop and her little face would shake. I had not put much thought into it.. until it started to be longer and become much more frequent. I contacted the pediatricians office and had taken her in to see one of the doctors. Because I did not have it on video and she did not do it while we were at the doctors, he suggested we try to get it one video. She had also at this point had a little shaking of one of her hands and feet when she was awake and not nursing..
So to make a really long story shorter... when we finally got a video and she would not stop shaking when I would try to swaddle her.. the doctors thought that to be more "seizure like" activity and immediately sent us to Vanderbilt Childrens ER.
This was the most miserible 24 hours for Chad and I. They poked at my sweet little angel and after many hours of testing.... found that she was healthy and her "seizure like" activity was a reflux issue and an immature nervous system that she will grow out of. The Neurologists are still concerned about her hand and feet episode but she has not done it since. So if that happens again we will have to go back but until then she has a check up with Vandy Neuro next month. Thank you to eveyone who were our prayer warriors and really helped Chad and I through this terrible ordeal. We hated to have to put her through all this... but we know she is healthy and ok. It was worth all the peace of mind.


I hope she does not remember any of this but we had to get a picture so she could see it.

There was a few funny things that happend while we were there. They hooked up the EEG machine with video to see her face while an episode happend. Well my mom came into visit us and when she did that is when I unleashed about how I thought that they had too many people (teaching hospital) asking the exact same questions and complained and complained and complained. Listen I was a nervous wreck and every time she cried  I was mad and ready to jerk her out of there. So yes, Vanderbilt it AMAZING but I was a mom who was scared and complaining saying very personal things about people like: the "neurologist was wearing a beer tshirt and smelled like BO"

WELL whoops when the EEG tech came in she informed me that everything that we were saying was on the video that the neurologist were listening to. WHOOPS. SO chad went out of the camera area started going on and on about how wonderful they were and would wink at my mom and I to try to back peddle our wrong doing. :)

my apologies doctors! we do appreciate all that you did for us. I hope you understand.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine what ya'll have been through! I'm so glad you can laugh about the beer tshirt wearing bo smelling professionalism now. I'm so glad Henslee is okay and will keep her in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete